Thursday, July 22, 2010

YEAR 2009 IN A BOX

This box is by the brand of Creative Imagination. It came out plain white. I cover the whole outside box with prima canvas writting and sprayed it with maya mist-by maya road in latte metallic mist. Inside the box, I stamp all the edges.

Inside consists of 12 mini chipboard albums. I put black graft tape on the side and stamped it with white ink.
I put many embellishments on top of 9 square glass pieces. Including photo, frames, pebble stickers, fabric stickers, charms, etc.

Details......details........


As you can see (or probably didn't notice straight away), I put a crackle accent to the pocket watch, for an aged look.


I add the inside now, Collette wants a peek hehehehehe.....at first I thought its not important since its only photos, till C ask for it...!!! here you go Lette heheheheheeh..........

I highlights some of the important events, like Birthdays, Chinese New Year, giving births ( I gave birth to my 3rd child that year), etc.

1 album consist of 4 photos . I deliberately put 1 photo to cover two pages, that way is more convenient to look at, since it's bigger, and I save half of my time to look for more photos, cos thats the hard part. Am tellin you, it ain't easy to look for 1 whole year photos collections (and I just started scrapbook, so not too narcissistic yet!).
The photos are all canvas laminated, and I stamp some of the pages. Cannot put any embellishments inside, since the box is pretty tight.


Journal of 2009.

5 comments:

  1. awesome job in altering the cover li... i wish to peek inside those little monthly books :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have seen this project when you brought it to class and it is really amazing!! :))

    ReplyDelete
  3. You said you just started SB!?!?!?!? NO WAyyy!!! It looks like you've been doing this for yearsss....This is "excellent" darling!! =D
    Please bring it to the next class...I wanna see..I wanna see...LOL..
    I really happy you finally have your own blog and share all the masterpieces here...welcome to the club =D
    I will always come visit (pinky swear *.<)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have seen it too, after my first class with SB..it is so wonderful Lia..U're so talented!

    ReplyDelete